Based in Tokyo, Japan
September 26, 2012
Desert Stormfront is a retro real-time strategy (RTS) game situated in the Middle East. The game is inspired by the "Classic Empire" game and designed towards casual players. Units at your disposal include Humvees, Tanks, Artillery, Mechanics, Helicopters, Planes, Ships and Submarines amongst others. Desert Stormfront supports multiplayer games over LAN and internet including co-op multiplayer.
Like its predecessor "Tropical Stormfront" (released on Dec. 20, 2011), Desert Stormfront is inspired by the turn-based "Classic Empire" game by Walter Bright. Units and structures were modeled after the original following a rock-paper-scissors system for attack and defense. Unit movement was chosen to be real-time similar to the classic "Command & Conquer" but following a more simplified approach for casual players/enabling the game to run also on mobile devices with touch screens.
- Real-Time Strategy (RTS) in the Middle East.
- Single player and cross-platform multiplayer (over the LAN and Internet).
- Team-Play (Single Player and Multiplayer).
- Mission Types: Attack, Defense, Capture the Flag, Convoy Missions.
- Nations: USA, England, France, Italy, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Egypt, Rebels.
Desert Stormfront - Official Game Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nomination for Best Strategy/Simulation Game" - PocketGamer, March 2013
- "Best Android Games | Sept. 15-29, 2012" - Android Police, September 2012
- "Storming The Fronts Of The Middle East In 'Desert Stormfront'"
- Brad Ward, Indie Game Magazine
- "Desert Stormfront Is Touchscreen Real-Time Strategy In The Command & Conquer Tradition"
- Jeremiah Rice, Android Police
- "Desert Stormfront is Finally a Decent RTS for Mobile, Looks Like Command & Conquer"
- Alex, Android Pipe
- "Desert Stormfront Preview (Video Preview)"
- Sarah, PlayAndroid Magazine
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Desert Stormfront for iOS (Press Release)
Desert Stormfront released on iOS on November 21, 2012. blog.noblemaster.com.
Desert Stormfront – a Real-Time Adaption of the “Classic Empire” Game (Press Release)
Desert Stormfront released for PC, Mac, Linux & Android on September 26, 2012. blog.noblemaster.com.
About Noble Master
Noble Master is an indie game company with focus on real-time and turn-based strategy games for desktop and mobile devices. Noble Master was founded by Christoph Aschwanden in 2009.
More information on Noble Master, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Desert Stormfront Credits
Design & Programming, Noble Master
Artist (Animation), Freelancer
Artist (Portraits), Freelancer
Sound FX, Freelancer